Thursday, February 23, 2006

Wednesday February 22, 2006

I'll back up more later to catch up on the past few weeks but I've decided to write about our quest of moving my inlaws into our home.

Wednesday, February 22
Well, it's Wednesday night and Mr. S will need to give me the funds to pay for his care. So he sits with the checkbook on the table, hand in head and worries that there won't be enough money to pay his bills. Even when I explain that there will be enough, he has a hard time. For the third time we discuss how much the plane tickets where to come down - $1000. We try to access his bank online without success. I learn that he totally cut off his phone at home which is ok but not what I expected. I suppose somehow I wish, as he does, that he would be able to return home in June with his return plane tickets. Although I know that it will never happen - he needs to be here and this is permanent.

Later he tells me that Tom can buy his car which nearly set me into a rage. I tell him (not as kindly as I should) that he's not paying rent - or utilities - or phone - or food so he can let Tom continue to drive the car until we can afford to fix the broken Saturn. Not being able to stop there I feel the need to tell him how upside down he is in the car which is mean on my part and I doubt if he even understands what I'm trying to say.

He complained that Ester fed him cold potato pancakes for dinner and the salmon was cold and the vegetables were cold. So I'll leave her a note to make everything piping hot. I asked if she was doing ok and that seemed to be all he could complain about. I asked if she rested much during the day and he said just in the afternoon. I reminded him that she needed to take a break and he agreed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home